Hello, gorgeous! Spring is finally here, and you know what that means… PROM SEASON! Or, for those of you have already experienced the milestone that is prom and are now hustling your way through college, it’s graduation time! Which is exactly why we put together a makeup tutorial for the 2018 Prom and Graduation season!
Finding the perfect look for these big events can be a *little* bit stressful, but don’t worry we’ve got your back! Read on and you will find three stunning, yet simple, makeup looks that will turn heads at your prom or graduation. We used a different pair of SocialEyes lashes for each look – and all three were created using drugstore makeup, so they’re very budget friendly!
1 – Pretty in Pink
Classic shimmery pinks on the eyes, lips and cheeks makes for an ultra romantic monochromatic look – perfect for spring and positively radiant!
Products we used:
- NYX Pore Filler
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer
- Hard Candy Look Pro Bare it All Foundation and Concealer Stick
- NYC Cityproof 9 hour Super Fine Eyeliner in Extra Black
- Essence The False Lashes Mascara
- Hard Candy Top Ten Classics Eyeshadow Palette in Pinking of You
- Essence All About Matte! Fixing Compact Powder
- Lightest Shade from ELF Light Blush Palette
- Hard Candy Just Glow! Baked Highlighting trio (white shade)
- Rimmel InstaDuo Contour Stick
- Darkest shade (black) from E.L.F.
- Mad for Matte eyeshadow palette (on brows)
- Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 09 Wear Berries
- Essence longlasting lip liner in Yummy Berry
- Essence Shine Shine Shine Lipgloss in 02 Smile, Sparkle, Shine
- SocialEyes lashes in Glamorous
- Start with the pore filler, apply eyeshadow base to lids, then add the deepest pink shade from the palette all over the lid and into the crease (if you don’t have this palette, grab a shimmery deep pink/rose gold shade and a shimmery white.) Blend well, using windshield wiper motions, then add the white shade to the centre of the lid to create a beautiful, eye-catching effect on the lid.
- Now, it’s time for liner. Add a wing and then dab the white shade intto your inner corner and on top of your brow bone for highlight. (We usually do eye makeup first, so that if there’s any fallout it won’t ruin your foundation!). Apply foundation all over your face, then go in with concealer if you need extra camouflage under the eyes or on any spots.
- Next, contour using the contour stick and blend. Dust blush on your cheeks and add the white highlighter from the Hard Candy highlighting trio to cheekbones.
- Finally, line your lips, fill in with lipstick, add a touch of gloss, and set your makeup with the matte finishing powder. the makeup is done! Pop on the Glamorous lashes for a full, soft, totally glam lash look. Finish with a coat of mascara and voila! QUEEN! (Prom queen, that is!)
2 – Old Hollywood Glam
This absolutely classic look, with its dramatic black wing, minimal eyeshadow and bold red lip pairs perfectly with the Siren lashes we used.
We used all the same face products (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow base, primer and contour) as the previous look.
- For this look’s eye makeup, we used the E.L.F. Mad for Matte 2 palette. For blush, we used the same palette, but went for the bronze-y shade. On lips, we used N.Y.C GET IT ALL Matte Lip Color in 300 Choose the IncREDible and Essence lip liner 14 Femme Fatale.
- After applying primer and eyeshadow base, blend a light cream shade (we used the lightest shade from the matte palette) all over lid, Next, add a caramel/tan shade (we used the second lightest shade in the palette to the crease. Finally, add a bit of dark brown (we used the deepest brown in the palette) to the outer “v” of your eyes for dimension.
- Add your winged liner, pop a bit of white in your waterline (we used the white shadow from the Hard Candy Pinking of You palette), add blush, contour and highlight, then line your lips and fill in with that gorgeous, classic red.
- For brows, we used the black shade from the Matte palette (the great thing about this palette is that it has many colours that can double as liner and brow powder!) We used an angled eyebrow brush to fill in brows. Finish with the Siren lashes to make this look POP! Timeless!
3 – Vampy Vixen
This look is for the edgy girl who likes some dark gothy vibes with her glamour. For this look, we used N.Y.C. Ultra Moist Lip Wear Lipstick in 320 Mahogany, along with the deep smoky purple/plum shadow and black shadow from the E.L.F. matte palette.
- Prime, apply eyeshadow base, then blend a deep plum shadow all over lid. Add black shadow to crease and outer “v”,and sweep on lower lash line towards the inner corners for more impact. Blend well, then draw a thick, dramatic wing with your black eyeliner.
- Add foundation and concealer, dust on some rosy blush (we used the coral/pink shade from the E.L.F. palette), but we kept the blush light-handed as the model favors a more pale skin tone with this look), contour, highlight, set, and then apply the lipstick- a few coats will get you a daringly dark lip.
- Now for the crowning glory of this look- the Electra lashes from our Silver Series. These ultra voluminous, super sexy faux mink lashes add a punch of vampy glamour to this bold look!
What’s your prom or graduation look going to be? No matter what makeup you choose, there’s a SocialEyes lash that’ll take your prom pretty to the next level. If you’re wondering which lash suits you best make sure to check out our previous blog posts here!
Make sure you tag us in your prom pics on insta!
Love, the team at SocialEyes 😘